Saturday, June 7, 2008

Reporting From Toronto....





Hey there.

I'm new to blogging, haven't really done it before, but I do enjoy writing. I also enjoy reading. Whether it's Free Darko or Basketbawful, Deadspin or The Big Lead. I've read all the blogs, and I've loved all the blogs. I will try to be as unbiased and impartial as possible in these writings, but two things you should know about me right off the bat. Number one is that I'm a huge fan of Kobe Bryant. Now, that can either bring in readers, or possibly drive them away. I'm hoping it's the former. Be forewarned though, Laker fans; while I do love Kobe's game, I will also evaluate him in an unbiased manner as much as possible. However, let's face it. The guy does some pretty amazing thigns on the basketball court, and sometimes it's hard not to gush.

I'm obviously from Canada, hence the name of the blog. The GTA (Greater Toronto Area) is where I reside, and to kill the generalizations that are probably being made by American readers right now: no, I don't really think much of hockey. I'm actually of South Asian descent, so you could say I'm different from the typical blogger that's on the web (Canadian AND non-white!). To educate some of you about Canada, its crucial for you guys to understand that while on the surface, most of Canada is full of white people who love hockey, the GTA is filled with multiculturalism to the point that in a lot of residential areas, basketball rules. Mostly in Asian (referring to Chinese, Japanese, etc, populations) and South Asian communities, its quite obvious that BALLLINNN is of much more importance than shooting a puck and lacing up skates.

While this is a basketball-specific blog, I might sometimes post about random thigns such as pop culture events and people, other sports, atheletes of said sports, as well as about life in general. However, basketball is the backbone of this blog, and no need to worry, it will stay that way.

I'm a 19 year old University student, and I'm not quite sure where I'm going in life. However, I do love writing and after some contemplation, whether or not I get readers (which I'm hoping I eventually do), I will continue writing this blog, and pray that someone, somewhere, is enjoying reading it (myself not included).

Peace out guys, I'll be making my first official post soon. After all, it is the NBA Finals and who else is playing but the great Lakers and the terrifying Celtics!

See you soon.


web counter
free hit counter

No comments: