Sunday, June 8, 2008

NBA Finals: Game 2


Based on nothing more than my own intuition, I have a feeling that the Lakers will be able to steal this one on the road tonight. The reason being is, the Celtics were able to BARELY squeeze by the Lakers, and in the process they needed the help of the Rocky theme, Paul Pierce's "heroics", as well as a jump-shooting collapse by the number one team in the Western Conference. I haven't even mentioned that the Lakers superstar franchise player somehow managed to struggle on makeable shots that the defence gave him in the 4th quarter. I think Celtics fans should be afraid, because if the likes of Pau, Fisher, and The Machine can knock down their jump shots off dishes by Kobe (which they failed to do in the crucial moments of Game 1), the Lakers have an extremely great chance of stealing this game and goin-goin back-back to Cali-Cali (anyone catch the Biggie reference?) with a 1-1 tie. I will keep posting as the game goes on with my own thoughts, and follow it up with, of course, more thoughts of my own regarding the outcome. Well, since I mentioned Biggie, I obviously have to mention Tupac Shakur, since this is an East-West matchup ("rivalry"). In an effort to bring luck on the side of the Lakers to bring it back to Cali with an even series, here is one of my favourite rappers of all time, not to mention the number one California enthusiast there ever was (let's just pretend that it's a Lakers jersey he's wearing....with a matching yellow bandana for good measure).

Allright, Lakers, you heard the man. SPIT in the face of the Boston Celtics and let's tie this thing up!


No comments: